Rules of Summer – Adapted from the award winning book by Shaun Tan.
★★★★★ – The Theatre Daily
★★★★ – The West
“An active, inventive and entirely engaging world of shining torches, secret messages, shadow play, an ambitious snail, great audience interaction and a story that carries the implicit message of friendship.” – Sarah McNeill, The Post
A performance like no other, Rules of Summer is an immersive, playful and multi-sensory puppetry work following the journey of two children who experience the emotional journey of life, the unwritten rules of friendship, and a list of mysterious rules…
See the entire theatre space come to life and experience a sensory world of sight, taste, smell, sound and touch. What rule will you break? Will you accept or reject a tasty treat? And what consequences will await?
- Saturday 3 July, 10am & 1pm (Cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Monday 5 July, 10am & 1pm (Cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Tuesday 6 July, 10am & 1pm (Relaxed show 10am – reduced capacity).
- Wednesday 7 July, 10am & 1pm
- Thursday 8 July, 10am & 1pm (Adopt A Puppet Parent Event 1pm)
- Friday 9 July, 10am, 1pm & 6.30pm
- Saturday 10 July, 10am & 1pm
- Monday 12 July, 10am & 1pm
- Tuesday 13 July, 10am & 1pm
- Wednesday 14 July, 10am & 1pm
- Thursday 15 July, 10am & 1pm
- Friday 16 July, 10am, 1pm & 6.30pm
- Saturday 17 July, 10am & 1pm
Tuesday 6 July, 10am.
Adopt a Puppet Parent Event:
Thursday 8 July, 1pm. Adopt a Puppet Parents are invited to special behind the scenes tour after the show
Spare Parts Puppet Theatre, 1 Short Street Fremantle (opposite the Fremantle Train Station)
Perfect for ages 5+