THE ARRIVAL // 2017 NATIONAL TOUR
Follow Aki as he starts life amidst the extraordinary inhabitants of this new land.
Will he find a place to live? Will he find a job and make friends? Most of all, will Aki ever see his family again?
The absence of words not only makes this story perfect for puppetry but emphasises the isolation experienced by many people arriving in a new place.
The Arrival is a fusion of Tan’s beautiful and surreal illustrations with exquisite puppetry, haunting music and fine acting. This ground breaking production blurs the boundaries of performance, digital animation and puppetry. This is an emotionally moving piece which will touch anyone who has bid farewell to a loved one.
Suitable for all ages, perfect for 5+
// WESTERN AUSTRALIA REGIONAL TOUR
- Thursday 2 November, 10am (SOLD OUT!) & 12.30pm
- Friday 3 November, 10am (SOLD OUT!) & 6.30pm
- Saturday 11 November, 10am & 2pm
- Tuesday 14 November, 11am & 6pm
- Friday 17 November, 10.30am & 6.30pm
- Tuesday 21 November, 1.30pm & 6pm
This project is possible by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program.
// NATIONAL TOUR
- 11 August 2017, 10am & 1.30pm
- 12 August 2017, 10am
- 16 August 2017, 10am & 12pm
- 22 August 2017, 10am & 1.30pm
- 26 August 2017, 10.30am & 1.30pm
- 31 August 2017, 10am & 1pm
- 1 September 2017, 1pm & 8pm
- 6-7 September 2017, 10.30am & 12.30pm daily
- 12-15 September 2017, 10.30am & 12.30pm daily
- 19 September 2017, 11.00am & 6.00pm
- 27 September 2017, 10am & 2pm
- 28 September 2017, 10am & 2pm
- 29 September 2017, 10am & 6pm
- 30 September 2017, 10am & 2pm
- 7 October 2017, 10.30am & 1pm
- 12 October 2017, 10.30am & 12.45pm
- 13 October 2017, 10.30am & 12.45pm
- 14 October 2017, 11am
- 17-18 October 2017, 10am & 1pm daily
- 20 October 2017, 11am & 6pm
- 21 October 2017, 11am & 2pm
This project has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body.
- Philip Mitchell
- Adapting Writer
- Michael Barlow
- Jiri Zmitko
- Lee Buddle
- Lighting designer
- Graham Walne
- Puppet Construction
- Jiri Zmitko and Kipling Smith
- Animation Design
- Michael Barlow
2006 Premiere Season
2008 Fremantle Season
2008 National Tour
2011 Fremantle Season
Shirley van Sanden
Winner of the Western Australian Equity Guild Award for ‘Best Production of 2006’
Reviews & Media
"…one of the best pieces of children’s theatre stages in Perth for years, a soulful and richly imaginative show of refreshing excellence."