Marketing & Communications Officer
$47,000 – $50,000 per annum
Spare Parts Puppet Theatre is seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Officer to join our small, dedicated team in Fremantle.
The Marketing & Communications Officer works closely with the Executive Producer on development and delivery of key marketing and audience / stakeholder engagement strategies for the company and ensuring the Spare Parts Puppet Theatre brand is consistently implemented and articulated across the organisation.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated with an ability to problem solve and innovate, have the ability to multi- task and manage competing deadlines, have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, and will work well as part of a team.
The role requires experience both in marketing / communications and fundraising, preferably in the arts, and relationship building. Experience working with the education sector is preferred but not required.
Based in Fremantle, Spare Parts Puppet Theatre is Australia’s flagship puppetry company and a driving force in the puppetry landscape in Australia since 1981. Through puppetry we share stories that celebrate what it is to be human; connecting audiences across generations.
Over the course of our 35-year history we have entertained and enriched the lives of hundreds of thousands of audiences members both in Australia and abroad.
The company is lead by Artistic Director Philip Mitchell and Associate Director Michael Barlow who work with artists from our well-established and ever-growing pool of Company Associates offering skills in writing, design & performance for puppetry.
Our annual artistic program includes performances at our home theatre in Fremantle, touring to schools, theatres and festivals across Australia and abroad, puppetry workshops for children and adults, and artists training and development programs and has an annual audience and participant reach of more than 60,000 people.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum two years experience in a marketing and/or communications role
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to multi-task
- Strong and confident communicator with well developed interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in copywriting and writing for marketing and fundraising purposes
- Strong understanding of social media and experience managing social media accounts
- Capacity to work autonomously, manage deadlines and show initiative
- Financial management skills
- Computer skills and experience in MailChimp, Paperless Post and other online marketing software
- Experience in the arts or not-for-profit sector (preferred, not essential)
- Experience in the education sector (preferred, not essential)