If you’ve booked tickets to an upcoming performance at Spare Parts, here are some tips to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
When to arrive
Your tickets will be available to collect from the box office, which opens one hour prior to the performance start time. The theatre doors will open 30 minutes before the performance starts and all seating is unreserved. You’re welcome to explore the foyer and take part in the activities or take a seat inside the theatre and get comfortable
Pre and post show activities
Amongst all the puppets in the foyer, we have an activity station where you can explore puppetry and get creative before or after the show.
After each performance we invite you to stay back for 5-10 minutes with the performers to ask any burning questions you may have!
General theatre etiquette
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the theatre (other than bottled water)’
- Please be considerate of other patrons by turning your mobile phones off
- Visit the bathroom before the show begins, then you won’t miss the good bits
- Remain in your seat during the performance, mostly for your safety as the aisles are counted as fire exits but also because sometimes our performers do venture off the stage during performances
- NO Photography is allowed within the theatre.
Getting to the theatre
The theatre is situated in Pioneer Park, opposite the Fremantle train station making public transport an attractive option. Jump off the train and walk over, it will only take you a few minutes.
We are located at 1 Short Street, Fremantle – just across the road from Fremantle train station, in Pioneer Park (please see map below). There is limited street parking close to the theatre so if you are driving we recommend parking at one of the following spots:
- Woolstores Shopping Centre, Cantonment Street Parking $1 per hour, min 2hrs. 5 min walk.
- Queensgate Car Park, Henderson Street Free parking for the first hour (Monday to Friday between 7.00 am and 5.00 pm). 5-10 min walk
- Parry Street Car Park 1 Free parking for the first hour (Monday to Friday between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm). 5-10 min walk.
- Victoria Quay, E-Shed Markets (less than 5 min walk)
- The Esplanade (5-10min walk)
Those with ACROD parking permits are able to park in any City of Fremantle street parking bay for just over one hour at no charge.