On Our Beach
On Our Beach is a new modern Australian puppetry work that uses interactivity, participation and immersion to tell a visually beautiful story that explores ideas of identity, belonging and what constitutes the experience of ‘Australian-ness’ and our connection to others.
Who is the ‘in crowd’, what makes us strangers and how can this relationship change? These are just some of the questions that will be raised as we are taken to the beach, the perfect setting to explore these concepts, a place where we strip down the layers of our identity, physically and metaphorically.
On our Beach is a tender, moving work that will take you on an emotional journey below the surface of Australian identity.
“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” – John Lennon
- Saturday 28 September, 10am & 1pm
- Tuesday 1 October, 10am & 1pm
- Wednesday 2 October, 10am & 1pm
- Thursday 3 October, 10am & 1pm (Special Nan & Pops Day for 10am session. Adopt A Puppet Parent Event for 1pm session)
- Friday 4 October, 10am, 1pm & 6:30pm
- Saturday 5 October, 10am & 1pm
- Monday 7 October, 10am & 1pm
- Tuesday 8 October, 10am & 1pm
- Wednesday 9 October, 10am & 1pm
- Thursday 10 October, 10am & 1pm
- Friday 11 October, 10am, 1pm & 6.30pm
- Saturday 12 October, 10am & 1pm
Spare Parts Puppet Theatre, 1 Short Street Fremantle (opposite the Fremantle Train Station)
- BOOK TICKETS > online or call 9335 5044
- OUT OF SCHOOL CARE REQUEST TO BOOK > For Out of School Care booking requests, please download our request to book form or call 9335 5044
- SCHOOL REQUEST TO BOOK > For schools wishing to request to book, please visit our School Season webpage.
Perfect for ages 5+