Blueback – Adapted by Peta Murray from the book by Tim Winton
Blueback is an evocative story set along the Western Australian coastline. It captures the mystery of the sea and the majesty of an old fish called Blueback, and the moment when an inquisitive boy becomes a man of conviction, prepared to stand up for what he loves and believes in.
One of Tim Winton’s most personal and quintessentially Western Australian stories, Blueback depicts the life of a young boy, Abel, and his mother, their relationship with the environment and their desire to protect and preserve the natural habitat of the place they call home.
Blueback will nourish your heart and the beautiful poetry will resonate with you long after you leave the theatre. This award winning production is an underwater menagerie of exquisite puppetry and an extraordinary celebration of the Western Australian coastline from one of WA’s most beloved authors.
- Saturday, 13 April: 10am & 1pm
- Monday, 15 April: 10am & 1pm (Relaxed show 10am session – SOLD OUT)
- Tuesday, 16 April: 10am & 1pm (Special Nan & Pops Day for 10am session – SOLD OUT)
- Wednesday, 17 April: 10am & 1pm (10am & 1pm session- SOLD OUT)
- Thursday, 18 April: 10am & 1pm & 6:30pm (Auslan interpretation show & PJ PARTY – tickets $15 for groups of four or more for 6:30pm session)
- Saturday, 20 April: 10am & 1pm
- Tuesday, 23 April: 10am & 1pm
- Wednesday, 24 April: 10am & 1pm & 6:30pm (Adopt A Puppet Parent Event for 1pm session)
- Friday, 26 April: 10am & 1pm
- Saturday, 27 April: 10am & 1pm
Special Relaxed show:
Monday 15 April, 10am
Special Auslan interpretation:
Thursday 18 April, 6:30pm
Special PJ Party:
Thursday 18 April, 6:30pm – Use promo code PJPARTY when you buy 4 tickets or more to receive $15 tickets!!
No shows on Sundays or public holidays.
Spare Parts Puppet Theatre, 1 Short Street Fremantle (opposite the Fremantle Train Station)
- BOOK TICKETS > online or call 9335 5044
- OUT OF SCHOOL CARE REQUEST TO BOOK > For Out of School Care booking requests, please download our request to book form or call 9335 5044
- SCHOOL REQUEST TO BOOK > For schools wishing to request to book, please visit our School Season webpage.
Perfect for ages 5+